TuneClone M4P Converter Software
Convert any music format to unprotected MP3 via virtual CD burning
How to play iTunes music via Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3)?
In order to play iTunes music on your PS3, you need to have the iTunes music converted to PS3 MP3 format. You can burn the protected AAC(M4P) music files to CD-R or CD-RW disc to make an audio CD and then use some CD ripper software to convert the audio CD track back to PS3 MP3. Also iTunes allows you to burn the protected music files to CD-R or CD-RW disc to make a standard audio CD:
1. Insert a CD-R or CD-RW disc into your CD-ROM drive. You'd better use CD-RW disc as it can be used for more than once.
2. Create a new playlist in iTunes(iTunes 8). Add the protected songs to your playlist. Click the "Burn Disc" button at the bottom right of iTunes. In the pop-up dialog of "Burn Settings", tick the "Audio CD" option from the "Disc Format" checkboxes. Click the "Burn" button to make an audio CD.
Note: You cannot tick the "MP3 CD" option since it requires the protected music files be converted to unprotected MP3 files.
3. After the audio CD is successfully burned, insert the disc into your CD-ROM drive again. Then you can use iTunes to import the music tracks on the burned disc to MP3 files.
Sounds a good idea! But it would be a time consuming process if you have a library of iTunes music files ready to be converted to PS3 MP3 format for playback on your PlayStation 3. And it is a waste of CD discs. Moreover, the information about the iTunes music like title, artist and album will be lost after burning and ripping back to MP3 files. So this method is not recommended if you have a big collection of iTunes music ready to be imported into your Sony PlayStation 3.
Here, I would recommend using TuneClone Audio Converter to convert iTunes playlist to PS3 music. It applys the virtual CD burning technology to simulates the burning and ripping process. You just need to burn the iTunes playlist to TuneClone virtual CD burner. Then TuneClone will directly convert the iTunes M4P music list to PS3 MP3 format for you. It is very fast and the information about each music song will be preserved perfectly. You can follow its the step by step tutorial to learn how to convert iTunes music to MP3 for Sony PlayStation 3.
For more TuneClone tutorials, please go to http://www.tuneclone.com/guide.php.
List of PS3 Supported Formats
Sony is clearly intent on making the PS3 the all-in-one hub for your home entertainment. A new list of media formats supported by the system right out of the box includes a variety of hard and digital formats.
The hard media has been known for some time, but here's the full list:
BD-ROM (data and BDAV), BD-R, BD-RE, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/DVD-RW (CPRM, VR mode included), DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW.
Note that play-back of Blu-Ray movie titles is restricted by region codes. This measn that an Asian/U.S title cannot be reproduced in a European PS3.
Super Audio CD The PS3 will also allow you to access a variety of media file formats from the video, music and photo menus of the Cross Media Bar. These files are expected to can be be stored anywhere, including the hard disk and memory cards.
MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (PS,TS), H.264/MEPG-4 AVC, MPEG-4 SP
ATRAC (.oma .msa .aa3), AAC (.3gp .mp4), MP3 (.mp3), WAV (.wav)
JPEG, GIF, PNG, TIFF
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Windows V2.20 was released on Feb 24, 2012!
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Mac V2.3.0 was released on Jan 15, 2011!
- TuneClone V2.12 was released on Oct 19, 2011! Many bugs about ID3 tags were fixed in new version.
"I've been waiting a long time to 'free my iTunes' to use on my Walkman mobile phone, and the only way I could do it before was to burn to CD then rip back again. A very lengthy process, which normally ended up full of faults and a lot of wasted disks!! Not any more!!" -- David