TuneClone M4P Converter Software
Convert any music format to unprotected MP3 via virtual CD burning
How to remove iTunes DRM on Windows and Mac OS X?
There are many methods of removing DRM (short for Digital Rights Management) from iTunes music. On Windows, you can remove DRM from iTunes using the burn-and-rip method or you can turn to iTunes DRM removal programs like TuneClone. On Mac OS X, there is a Mac version of tuneclone. So this article is dedicated to introducing several methods of stripping DRM from iTunes music on Windows and Mac. It is composed of the following four parts:
Part 1. Remove iTunes DRM on Windows with the burn-and-rip method
A. Insert a CD-R or CD-RW disc into your CD-ROM drive.
B. Burn your playlist to make an "Audio CD".
C. After the audio CD is successfully burned, insert the disc into your CD-ROM drive again. Then you can use iTunes or Windows Media Player to import the music tracks on the burned disc as MP3 files.
Part 2. Remove iTunes DRM on Windows with TuneClone
1. Download TuneClone M4P to MP3 Converter and install it.
2. Launch TuneClone M4P to MP3 Converter. Click the "Settings" tab. In the pop-up window, you can specify output folder, output file name format, output format, etc for the output files. Note: You can check whether TuneClone virtual CD drive is successfully installed and where it is installed at the bottom left corner of the interface.
3. Create a new playlist in iTunes and add iTunes music to the playlist.
4. In iTunes, Right click the playlist you just created and choose "Burn Playlist to Disc".
5. In the pop-up window of "Burn Settings", select "TuneClon Virtual_CD-RW" from the "CD Burner" drop-down list, click the radio button next to "Audio CD" and tick "Include CD Text" option. Click "Burn" to start burning.
6. Upon the completion of burning the disc and encoding the music, you can open the TuneClone manager screen to show all the converted music files. To locate the output folder, simply click the "Folder" tab on the interface.
For more TuneClone tutorials, please go to www.tuneclone.com/guide.php.
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Windows V2.20 was released on Feb 24, 2012!
- TuneClone Audio Converter for Mac V2.3.0 was released on Jan 15, 2011!
- TuneClone V2.12 was released on Oct 19, 2011! Many bugs about ID3 tags were fixed in new version.
"I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. I had 1500+ songs and would have taken over 100 CD's and countless hours with a traditional Burn & Rip method. Thank you for a simple software solution. I can now use these songs on my phone and other personal uses. I am one very happy customer. I've already posted on my Facebook page how simple and great this software worked for me." -- Craig Reed